My goal for 2016 was to finish writing my first novel, Wherever You Go. With weeks to go, I managed to achieve that goal. I had a glass of prosecco last night to celebrate!
What are my writing goals for 2017? What do I want to achieve? Numbers 1 and 2 are no-brainers.
- Sign with an agent (I’ve pitched and my manuscript is being read, so fingers crossed)
- Sign a publishing contract for Wherever You Go
- Complete the manuscript of my my yet-to-be-named second novel (as soon as I decide which of three ideas to focus on)
- Launch Fergus the Farting Dragon and sell lots of copies, as well as get school/library bookings
- Attend the Serenity Press writing retreat in Ireland (it’s in March and I am going!) where I can be nurtured and nurture other writers
- Look over one of my short stories (it’s a very dark Romeo and Juliet retelling) and consider whether to expand for a collaborative work.
I’m sure there will be more. But it’s a good start.
What are your writing goals for 2017?
Hmm. Writing goals for 2017 – so many.
1. Attend the Serenity Press writing retreat in Ireland – what an opportunity to spend time in such a beautiful setting with people as passionate about books and writing as I am.
2. Celebrate the release of my new picture book Friends and my junior fiction novel The Seven Day Dragon.
3. Edit and publish several more collections of my late father’s spiritual writing.
4. Finish at least one of the novels I’ve started.
5. Share my passion for books and writing with people of all ages at every opportunity.
6. Sort out all the manuscripts in my filing cabinet.
All commendable goals … now you just need to ‘clear the decks’ so you can achieve them, Teena. X
Fingers crossed on 1 and 2. For me, the plan is to finish the draft of my novel in January and then get the damn thing published. That’s it then 😉