The freelance life
A former newspaper editor, journalist, children’s curriculum writer and magazine editor, I’ve had a varied career in writing. Not to mention being a Family Day Care mother, a playgroup facilitator, a reception temp, administrative assistant, government administrative officer, marketing and media coordinator … I must be a glutton for punishment! In 2011, I decided my busy life needed more balance, so I set up a part-time freelancing business from home.
Although I work part time at an arts centre, I also do freelance writing, editing and publicity. At the moment, my main freelancing work is with Aligator Media, where I am a senior public relations consultant. I have worked for Aligator Media since 2012. Our clients mainly work in the arts (theatre, music, circus, books and burlesque).
My preference is to work with arts clients and I am available for the following:
- Copy-editing and proofreading;
I am currently directing all enquiries regarding the following to Aligator Media:
- Press releases – preparation and distribution to a range of editorial contacts across traditional media, online media and social media;
- Publicity/promotion campaigns including media release distribution and follow up, arranging interviews and photo shoots, social media;
- Web content editing.
Aligator Media: Public Relations and Publicity Service focuses on delivering high quality:
- Public Relations consultations
- Publicity service
- Publicist (arts specialty)
- Circle in the Sand (theatre production company) – publicist for Reservoir Dogs
- Fragmented Artists (theatre production company) – publicist for The List (Fringe World 2015)
- In 2011 I compiled a book for Kwinana Industries Council to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
- Global Good Foundation – public relations 2012
- I have been a contributor to (now defunct) Golden Pen Magazine. Click here for my profile and links to published articles.
- I have been a contributor to Flourish Magazine. Click here for my profile and links to published articles.