My goal for 2016 was to finish writing my first novel, Wherever You Go. With weeks to go, I managed to achieve that goal. I had a glass of prosecco last night to celebrate!
What are my writing goals for 2017? What do I want to achieve? Numbers 1 and 2 are no-brainers.
- Sign with an agent (I’ve pitched and my manuscript is being read, so fingers crossed)
- Sign a publishing contract for Wherever You Go
- Complete the manuscript of my my yet-to-be-named second novel (as soon as I decide which of three ideas to focus on)
- Launch Fergus the Farting Dragon and sell lots of copies, as well as get school/library bookings
- Attend the Serenity Press writing retreat in Ireland (it’s in March and I am going!) where I can be nurtured and nurture other writers
- Look over one of my short stories (it’s a very dark Romeo and Juliet retelling) and consider whether to expand for a collaborative work.
I’m sure there will be more. But it’s a good start.
What are your writing goals for 2017?